Some general advice for foreigners in Indonesia or those planning to travel to the country is listed below along with directory information for various embassies and consulates in Jakarta:
- Some embassies and consulates require that you make an appointment before visiting their offices.
- IT IS ADVISABLE TO REGISTER YOUR PRESENCE WITH YOUR COUNTRY’S EMBASSY IN INDONESIA EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT STAYING IN THE COUNTRY FOR LONG.
- Bring something to read or work on in case you have to wait for a long period of time.
- Make photocopies of original documents in advance and bring extra photographs to save time and money.
- Security is particularly strict for certain embassies and consulates. You may have to leave your cell phone, computer, purses/bags, etc. with a guard or in a locker before conducting any business.
CONTACT INFORMATION –
For addresses, phone numbers, and websites, click on the following –
(2) http://www.moveandstay.com/jakarta/guide_embassies_and_consulates.asp (This list includes some website addresses.)