Do you need to get in touch with like-minded folks? Maybe you want to build a professional network? Perhaps you are interested in adding to your existing network? I hope the following list of resources will contribute to a multitude of local and global connections.
If you have suggestions for adding to or correcting the list, please leave a comment in the text box at the end of the post. Thank you / terima kasih!
== ASSOCIATIONS ==
- Online Ranking of the Asian Studies Organizations: a quarterly scorecard (ORASO): http://coombs.anu.edu.au/WWWVLAsian/VLRankings.html
- ASIANetwork: http://asianetwork.org/
- Asian Australian Studies Research Network (AASRN): http://asianaustralianstudies.org/
- Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA): http://coombs.anu.edu.au/ASAA/
- One regional group of ASAA is the Indonesia Council: http://indonesiacouncil.anu.edu.au/digest.php
- Association for Asian Studies (AAS): http://www.aasianst.org/
- One regional group of AAS is the Indonesia & East Timor Studies Committee: Contact Dr. James B. Hoesterey, Center for Southeast Asian Studies, University of Michigan (email@example.com) or Dr. Nancy J. Smith-Hefner, Department of Anthropology, Boston University (firstname.lastname@example.org). “Antara Kita”: http://www.antarakita.net/
- Southeast Asia Council (SEAC) of the Association for Asian Studies: http://www.aasianst.org/councils/SEAC.htm
- Australian Consortium for In-Country Indonesian Studies (ACICIS): http://www.acicis.murdoch.edu.au/
- Canadian Asian Studies Association: http://canadianasianstudies.concordia.ca/htm/maine.htm or try http://canadianasianstudies.concordia.ca/
- The Committee on Research Material on Southeast Asia (CORMOSEA) – International Directory of Southeast Asia Librarians: http://www.cormosea.org/SoutheastAsiaLibrarians.html
- Council of Teachers of Southeast Asian Langauges (COTSEAL): http://cotseal.net/
- European Consortium for Asian Field Study: http://www.ecafconsortium.com/
- EuroSEAS: http://www.euroseas.org/
- Indian Association for Asian & Pacific Studies: http://www.iaaps.org.in/
- Integrating and Developing European Asian Studies (IDEAS): http://www.ideasconsortium.eu/
- International Association of Historians of Asia: http://www.pssc.org.ph/iaha/
- International Association for Asia Pacific Studies: http://www.apu.ac.jp/iaaps/
- International Convention of Asia Scholars: http://www.icassecretariat.org/
- Japan Society for Southeast Asian Studies: http://wwwsoc.nii.ac.jp/jsseas/index-e.html
== INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CENTERS AND DEPARTMETS ==
I posted a compilation of links related to groups that focus on Asian Studies, Indonesian Studies, and Southeast Asian Studies at http://www.indonesiainquiry.com/research-resources/international-research-centers-and-departments/
== SPECIALISTS ==
- Directory of Indonesia Scholars: http://www.antarakita.net/directory.html
- Facebook: Many scholars are listed in Facebook. Go to http://www.facebook.com and type in a person’s name or affiliation.
- 2009-2010 East-West Center Specialists on the Asia Pacific Region: http://www.eastwestcenter.org/publications/search-for-publications/browse-alphabetic-list-of-titles/?class_call=view&pub_ID=1047&mode=view
- The International Academic Forum:http://iafor.org/ Their home page refers to their organization as “Asia’s Think Tank.” Founded in 2009 by a group of concerned Asian, European and North American academics and business professionals, IAFOR is a mission driven organization dedicated to providing and promoting meaningful dialogue irrespective of international borders.