- Indonesia launches world's largest health insurance system March 10, 2014The roll out of Indonesia's new health care program for its 247 million people, over a decade in the works, has been bumpy. Full implementation will take effect in 2019.
- Indonesia c.bank seeks primary dealer to build IILM sukuk market March 10, 2014* Indonesia central bank looks for first IILM primary dealer * Local banks have yet to buy or trade IILM Islamic bonds * IILM has now set up working group to improve conditions JAKARTA/SYDNEY, March 10 (Reuters) - Indonesia's central bank hopes to attract a local bank to sign up as primary dealer for short-term sukuk, or Islamic bonds, issued by the Int […]
- Indonesia wants to be great power: report March 8, 2014A research paper from the Lowy Institute suggests Indonesia wants a bigger role in the region, but isn't likely to get it in next five years.
- Indonesia airport services firm looks abroad for growth March 7, 2014Indonesia's biggest privately owned airport services provider is seeking to expand in Southeast Asia, rather than at home, as airport infrastructure constraints stymie its growth in the world's fifth-largest market for domestic air travel. Cardig Aero Services Tbk PT aims to load luggage, cook food and clean cabins for airlines around the region af […]
Today33°C / 24°C
Tue34°C / 23°C
- Missing airliner 'changed course' March 11, 2014Military radar suggests the missing Malaysian airliner turned west, away from its flight route before disappearing, the Malaysian air force says.
- Polio team attacked in Pakistan March 11, 2014Two policemen who were escorting a polio vaccination team have been shot dead in Pakistan.
- Stolen jet passports: No terror link March 11, 2014Two Iranians who boarded a missing Malaysian jet with stolen passports had no apparent terrorist links, officials say, as rescuers widen their search.
- North Korea country profile March 11, 2014Provides an overview of North Korea, including key events and facts.
Here are resources related to the history and contemporary uses of Bahasa Indonesia. If you have additional recommendations or corrections, please let us know in the comments section below. Thank you / terima kasih! Links from around the Web [Read More]
- Q. and A. on the Disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 March 11, 2014Matthew L. Wald, who has written about aviation for The New York Times, answers questions about plane crashes and what could have happened to the missing flight.
- Pictures of the Day: Indonesia and Elsewhere March 10, 2014Photos from Indonesia, Nepal, Afghanistan and India.
- J-League Looks to Be a Force in Southeast Asia March 6, 2014The Japanese soccer league has signed deals with national federations throughout the region and hopes to build its brand there.
- Times Minute | Indonesia's 'Zoo of Death' March 5, 2014Petitioners want a zoo in Indonesia closed. Also on the Minute, following Ukraine’s money trail and e-cigarette use among teenagers.
- Pointing Fingers Over Heavy Death Toll at an Indonesian Zoo March 5, 2014The municipal zoo in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second-largest city, where more than 100 animals have died since last summer, has drawn calls for its closing.