- Ten years on, tsunami survivors in Indonesia hope to move on December 19, 2014By Heru Asprihanto and Tommy Andriansyah BANDA ACEH, Indonesia (Reuters) - A decade after a 10-metre (32-foot) tsunami washed away two of her three children, her home and business, Salawati is finally getting her life back on track in Indonesia's western-most Banda Aceh province. The 47 year old survivor of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, […]
- Indonesia volcano erupts, injuring 4; 1 missing December 19, 2014TERNATE, Indonesia (AP) — A volcano in eastern Indonesia erupted Friday, spewing towering clouds of hot ash into the air and leaving four hikers injured and one missing when they scrambled to safety, an official said.
- Research and Markets: Spices Market in Indonesia: Business Report 2014 December 19, 2014Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Spices Market in Indonesia: Business Report 2014" repor
- Research and Markets: Mushrooms and Truffles Market in Indonesia: Business Report 2014 December 19, 2014Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Mushrooms and Truffles Market in Indonesia: Business Repor
Compiled by Regina Salinas (November 15, 2014) Indonesian Elections Kapoor, Kanupriya. Reuters. 2014. “Indonesian President Yudhoyono Backs Direct Election of District Leaders.” September 15. [Read More]
- Eight children found dead in Cairns December 19, 2014Eight children are found dead at a home in Cairns, Australia, reportedly after stabbings, with the mother of at least seven suffering stab wounds.
- Pakistan school massacre: Who are the dead? December 19, 2014The BBC profiles victims of the Taliban school massacre
- Pakistan army 'kills 59 Taliban' December 19, 2014Pakistan's military says it has killed dozens of Taliban militants in ground assaults and air strikes near the border with Afghanistan, days after a massacre at a school in Peshawar.
- VIDEO: Arora: 'I took my culture with me' December 19, 2014Speaking from his shop and studio in Paris, Indian fashion designer Manish Arora talks about his success.
- Stem cell scandal scientist resigns December 19, 2014A Japanese stem cell scientist at the heart of a scandal over false claims and fabricated research has resigned.
Here are resources related to the history and contemporary uses of Bahasa Indonesia. If you have additional recommendations or corrections, please let us know in the comments section below. Thank you / terima kasih! Links from around the Web [Read More]
- Indonesia Takes Tough Stance in Fighting Illegal Fishing December 19, 2014In recent weeks, the Indonesian Navy has seized and sunk dozens of foreign fishing boats from neighboring countries like Vietnam and Malaysia.
- Indonesia: Landslide Toll Rises December 15, 2014Rescuers pulled more bodies from the debris on Sunday after heavy rain in central Indonesia loosened soil and collapsed a hill.
- Rescuers Search for Victims of Fatal Landslide in Indonesia December 14, 2014At least 17 people were killed and more than 30 homes were buried or swept away by the landslide, which was caused by seasonal rains Friday in the province’s Banjarnegara District, an official said.
- Indonesian Who Published Anti-ISIS Cartoon Is Summoned Under Blasphemy Law December 13, 2014The editor of the English-language Jakarta Post said he was “amazed” at the suggestion of blasphemy because the cartoon was meant to criticize deviant Islam.
- ‘Virginity Test’ Stokes Indonesia Debate December 12, 2014A report has refocused attention on a practice by law enforcement of gauging a female recruit’s morality with an invasive procedure.